Sunday, 22 April 2012

Blushes

Here's a little mini review of my current blushes/cheek products that I use on a regular basis..

(L-R) MeMeMe Blush Me! In Rouge, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish - Triple Fusion, 
Bourjois Blush - 03 Brun Cuivré, Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels
 MeMeMe Blush Me! In Rouge £8.50

This comes in a Benefit stye box with a little brush (which I don't use) its called rogue but I think the colour comes up quite coral/ orange. It has got tiny flecks of golden sparkle in it, which I personally love! Not so much a fan of matte blushers, I think this is especially nice for spring/summer as it gives a lovely sheen to the cheeks..


Its got a lovely pigmentation and you can easily build up colour with this blusher, and its got a really nice silky texture. As you can see below, you can create a nice natural sheer blush or wear it more opaque, which ever you prefer..


MAC Mineralize Skin Finish - Triple Fusion £21.50

This is a limited edition product which I got in an airport, AGES ago, probably like 3-4 years, so I can't guarantee the price also I'm afraid there isn't really anything in MAC like this at the moment..
As you can see it is made up of 3 colours, a gold, an orangey brown and a pink, so they can be worn individually or blended together.


They all contain large amount of sparkle and glitter (especially the gold) so definitely stay clear if you are a matte blush kinda gal!
I personally only wear this out at night and mostly in the summer as I think it gives a lovely sheen to your cheek and I use it as a highlighter. 


Be warned, you do need a light hand as a large amount of product comes loose as you swirl your brush around..
It is a high end product, and so with that comes a high end price tag (boo!) but I really do think its worth it, this has lasted me a really long time, and I don't see any signs of me finishing it any time soon!

Bourjois Blush - 03 Brun Cuivré £7.49 (currently this £5.49 at Boots and Superdrug)

This is my oldest most faithful blush by far! I think I've had this in my collection ever since I first started wearing make up, so that must be a good 6 years or so! (so I'm pretty sure I didn't pay £7.50..)


This is my trusty favourite and I do love Bourgois blushers, I think they are incredibly good value for money as I never finished one in all this time (I did have to buy a spare to keep in my handbag, haha ) even though its such a small pot!

I would describe this as a burnt orange sort of colour because it gives your check bones a sort of contour style flush of colour but because of the slight sheen it also highlights. Its the perfect 'in-a-rush-blush' as its a 3-in-1 product.
Unfortunately you do need a hard-ish brush, not a super soft one as the product is quite hard and compacted in, however if you occasionally scratch the surface with your nail then you can use a lovely soft brush :)

Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels £8

I've already done a blog post featuring this product so I don't want to bore you all. If you want to read this click here





No comments:

Post a Comment