Friday, 18 May 2012

Marmite Cheese Twists

So yummy!

I know some people will hate the idea of this (so you can just ignore the marmite part) but me, I absolutely adore marmite!

You will need: (Made 12- I didn't measure anything its just a game of guess and you can use as much or as little as you like!)
- Puff pastry, I bought this ready rolled from Sainsburys or you can get JusRol version, its all the same
- Marmite
- Cheese
- Baking Tray
- Grease proof paper (might come with your puff pastry-mine did)
- Rolling pin (or if you're a student like me- some kind of vodka/wine bottle ha!)
- A knife
- Scissors
- Oven preheat to 180c

1) Firstly unroll the puff pastry onto a flat surface and keep it on the grease proof paper and spread it with an even layer of marmite, you can use as much or as little as you like.



2) Then sprinkle with a nice layer of cheese and fold in half..
3) Using your rolling pin, roll this as much as you can so it is almost the original size again

Such a classy student haha!
4) Sprinkle with more cheese and push it into the surface of the pastry
5) Cut 2-3cm strips and twist them carefully


6) Put onto grease proof paper on a baking tray in the oven for 10 mins, or until golden brown



ENJOY!

These will be accompanying me to the library this week, I'm sure they won't last long! haha
Let me know if you try this recipe

Cate
x

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually like the taste of marmite, but these look rather tasty!

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are definately helping me through my revision days! You could always do just plain cheese or paprika, or onion or something, I was thinking about different things.. super easy too! :) xx

      Delete