Monday, 28 May 2012

May GlossyBox



This was my first ever Glossybox and also their 1 year anniversary!
I was very excited for this box and had quite high hopes seeing as it was a special occasion for them. There are a few beauty boxes on the market and after looking into each one, I decided that I would subscribe to Glossybox as I felt it was the most consistent with products what I would be likely to use.




Lotita Lempicka Perfume Samples - Original and L'Eau en Blanc

These are both very unusual perfumes and I don't normally like perfume testers but its nice to have these little spray ones to put in your handbag, especially when the weather is so hot, just to freshen up.
Original - 'An enchanting floral, clear and sensual, and heady nectar of liquorice flower'
L'Eau en Blanc - 'A bouquet of white violets with a hint of raspberry and musk' I think this one smells more fresh and summery.

Collection 2000 - Lasting colour, Gel eyeliner
I like gel eyeliners so I was excited to see this in my box. It looks really wet and shiny when in the pot but it dries quite matte. I would say that it does smudge a bit which is something thats really important to me with an eyeliner, but i'll keep trying it out to see how I get on..

HD Brows - Brow Beater

This is a clear setting gel for your eye brows, I've recently got into filling in my eyebrows - they don't need much as they have a decent shape and are quite dark but I think its nice to add some structure to your face, especially when you're going out. So this is gonna be helpful to set them, it has a nice applicator like a mascara want but curve in an arch and it doesn't leave your brows feeling sticky or stiff. Thumbs up from me! :) 


Noble Isle - Summer Rising Bath and Shower Gel
This is from a new brand and its nice to have a nice summery fragrance to help wake me up in the mornings or freshen me up later in the day. It smells very citrusy and contains elderflower and gooseberry! 

Weleda - Face cream
Well I assume its the face cream but as there is no translation I'm not actually sure.. A little goes a long way and its a very soothing hydrating cream which smells really nice.. sort of like lavender!


Thats it! Happy Birthday GlossyBox!
Did you receive this months glossy box? What were your favourite items?





4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some good stuff! I'm from the states so we only have Birchbox and some others that I can't remember right now. That gel eyeliner looks really good! I might have to try one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are a great idea to try out some new things.. I wouldn't say that is the best budget gel eyeliner i've tried.. I've also got the maybelline one and I think its better.. (gonna do a review on my eyeliners soon so keep watching) ! xx

      Delete
  2. the bath and shower gel sounds lovely. i adore elderflower :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its a lovely summer refreshing smell xx

      Delete