Sunday, 8 July 2012

Jemma Kidd - Glamour Palette



I got this Jemma Kidd Palette a few months ago from Buyapowa. The RRP is £28 but I got it for an amazing £11.50 
It includes an eye shadow (and lip) base, 5 neutral eye shadows, a black creme eye liner, creme lip and cheek colour and two mini brushes. This is the perfect travel companion as it has everything you might need to go from a day-to-night look. It also has a great sized mirror.



Lip/ Eye shadow base - I have not used this as a lip colour, as I don't like really nude lips. But it is really good as an eye shadow base, preventing them from creasing and making them last longer.

Eye shadows (left to right)
Cream - A really nice quality pale cream with a very slight shimmer which works well at light reflecting. Perfect for brow highlight or inner eye brightener.

Taupe - Perfect everyday shade, again it has a very slight golden shimmer but it just makes it so beautiful on your eyes. Really nice all over lid colour

Silver - A really cool toned silver, it leans slightly bluey. Probably my least worn shadow as I tend to favour warm toned colours.

Charcoal - A dark silver which is nice to use for night time smokey eye. Again quite blue toned, it can be built up nicely into quite a dark colour.

Dark Brown - Very dark brown with black tones, it has a golden shimmer through it. It would work perfectly with the cream and the taupe blended into a brown smokey eye. 

Black Cream Liner - Quite creamy consistency however, I prefer to use this as an black eye shadow rather than a liner as I feel you don't have much control over it. However it does deliver quite an opaque black colour. (apologies its badly swatched)

Lip and Cheek cream- (in colour 'Apricot' - I don't think this is a good description). This has a really nice consistency, really creamy and silky. I feel as a cheek colour it is too pink for me. It remains as a cream so it gives a nice dewy flush. On the lips it's a nice bright pinky orange colour and its nice and light for summer. Pretty good colour pay off.





No comments:

Post a Comment