Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Lush - Mask of Magnaminty Face Mask

£4.75 for 125g

After trying the blueberry Catastrophe Cosmetic mask (review) I thought I would give this a go.
The Mask of Magnaminty costs £4.75 for a 125g pot, this is what I have as  I thought it'd be best to try it with a small pot first. I have used this twice so far and I've still got a lot of left so I can see it lasting for over 10 uses. Which is pretty good value - especially in comparison to the fresh face masks.

Claim:
Describes itself as a 'Face and Back Pack' -
"Deeply cleansing, toning and exfoliating, pepperminty masks. Refreshes and brightens all it touches"

Ingredients:
Bentonite Gel, Kaolin
Honey - to moisturise and an antiseptic
Talc,
Glycerine
Peppermint oil -stimulates blood and gives cooling feeling.
Ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds- exfoliate face when removing the mask without being too harsh on sensitive skin
Marigold oil and chlorophyllin treat the skin

Method:
First thing I noticed as I put it onto my skin was the smell - pepperminty which made it very cooling on the face and it stays like that, a bit tingly, until the mask dries. It applies very easily, much better than the catastrophe cosmetic (review), and is easy to spread evenly onto the face (or just trouble areas)-  I used my fingers for this. Its a strong green colour so does look a bit scary when applied but it dries nicely without flaking and it turns more of a grey-green.
When dried (about 15mins) it does feel a bit tight on your face but I quite like that feeling and if you didn't I think a drying mask isn't good for you. I washed it off with a flannel and warm water, (I wouldn't recommend a white flannel as it would get pretty grubby but it does wash out.)
It come off really nicely and just melts off the face

Results:
My skin was left smooth, soft and refreshed. The good thing about this mask is that despite being aimed at oily/blemished skin it doesn't dry out your skin but leaves it feeling really nice. As for reduction of spots, I think it takes time, its not instant and because it brings them to the surface after just one use your skin might actually be worse but I feel like with continued use it would benefit the skin.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sounds lovely!

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete