Saturday, 7 July 2012

Nars Luster - Blush







I have had this for quite a while now and it has quickly become one of my favourite blushers. I bought mine from ASOS where they are £20.50. So this product is definitely high end! I felt like treating myself during exams and when I saw that ASOS were doing a 20% off some beauty items I thought that it would be the perfect time to get a Nars blusher, as they are so highly raved about!

It took my ages to decide on which colour I would go for as I wanted something that I would wear, not something that I would go off easily, especially seeing as they are not cheap! I had to just trust internet swatches and blog reviews as there isn't a counter near me. I feel this is why blogs are so good, as they give an honest opinion and good quality photos :)


Colour:
Nars Blush in Luster is described by Nars as a 'sheer golden apricot' which i'd say is spot on. Its a perfect combination between a blush, bronze and highlight as it has a lovely golden sheen to it - not too much glitter but just the perfect amount and due to the slightly bronze colour its perfect for getting a subtle holiday glow.
I would say this is quite a sheer colour but can be easily built up. It looks very natural, however I would say if you were any darker than NC/W 25  in MAC terms (I'm NW20) then this wouldn't really show up on your skin tone.

Packaging:
I personally love the NARS packaging, they are quite small 4.8g but they feel really nice and come with a good mirror inside. Unfortunately this material does get a bit grubby with fingers etc. but that cannot be avoided.

Overall, I love this product and I'm glad I spent the money. I don't know if I would buy another one as they are expensive and I love a lot of cheaper blushes such as Bourjous, MAC etc. But I do think it is a well loved and used part of my makeup bag

Do you have any NARS blushers? If so which?

Cate x


No comments:

Post a Comment