Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Red Lips


I love a red lippy me, and just to prove it, i've done a post sharing my red lipsticks with you..
Revlon in Romantic, 17 by Jonanthan Saunders, MAC Ruby Woo, MAC So Chaud
My first ever red lipstick was picked up on a whim when I was about 15 and I never wore it for years! Then that is what got me into it, when I got older and gained more confidence.. so left-right here goes!

All swatches below!

Revlon Balm Stain - Romantic (£7.99)
This is my most sheer option and even though it does look quite orange it can be built up to be a nice strong red but its amazing for those of you just starting out as its not very scary.
It applies a really sheer balmy wash of colour and then stains your lips with a tinge of red. Lovely day colour.

17 By Johnathan Saunders (price unknown)
This is my older red lipstick - infact my older lipstick in general. It was in a limited edition range from 17 at Boots and it doesn't even have a name or number. I love love the colour of this but the formula is a bit of a nightmare as it likes to stray all around your mouth. I typically wear this pushed into my lips and then with a lipstick sealer such as lipcote (my red lips-night out saviour)

MAC Ruby Woo (£14)
This is a blue toned matte lipstick which is wonderful deep colour. I see it as quite a retro red and it gives a lovely colour, great for autumn/winter. I tend to apply this with a lipstick brush. However it can be a bit drying so make sure your lips are nicely moisturised.

MAC So Chaud (£14)
This is my most recent purchase and probably my favourite red lipstick of the moment. Its orange toned which I feel looks really nice with my skin tone. This is also a matte but not a drying as ruby woo. I really like this as a summer red.
full reveiw here
Topshop Rio Rio, MUA in shade 13,  NYX in Amsterdam

Topshop Rio Rio (£8)
A true pilar box red. I think the formula of Topshop lipsticks is really nice for the price, they are nice and creamy and stay for a long time. I would like to get a few more of their colours.

MUA in shade 13 (£1)
For the price, you cannot really go wrong here! Available in Superdrug MUA have a wonderful selection of everything especially eyeshaddow pallettes and lipsticks.  This again is a bluey toned, its really nice formula which goes on effortlessly.

NYX soft matte lip cream in Amsterdam (£5.99)
NYX products are hard to get hold of in the UK but I got this from a River Island boutique store. I know you can also get them from Ebay. I was pretty excited as I'd heard good things about these. They are a very unique formula as they apply very creamy and wet but they dry to a nice rich matte colour. This is the most intense red I have and it lasts so well on the lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment